Austrian Hiking seal of approval
As a certified hiking host, we offer you extensive hiking quality services:
- Weekly hike with the chefs every Tuesday
- Tour information at our own hiking starting point
- Free hiking maps
- Rental of hiking equipment such as sticks, rucksacks, etc.
- Washing area for dirty hiking boots
- Storage and drying facilities for hiking equipment
- Hiking packed lunch on request
- Hiking bus from the valley station (450m from the hotel)
- Free hiking taxi
- daily guided hikes through the tourist office
- Mountain-Health (Berg Gesund) program through the tourism association
Over 250 kilometers of marked hiking trails bring you safely to the huts and alpine pastures and invite you to go on tours lasting several days. If you like to hike in groups or if you do not feel familiar enough, you are welcome to take part in the free guided mountain tours three times a week and learn interesting facts about nature from the national park ranger.
If you want to start your hike at around 1,850m, we recommend the ascent with the Grossarltal panorama cable car or the Hochbrand cable car.
You can find more information about hiking tours and hiking maps here.